Tilapia With Guava PreservesCourse: DinnerCuisine: Seafood, FusionDifficulty: Easy
White fish just screams for sweet, especially a firm fish like tilapia. This will give you a nice mild sweet with a kick of garlic and it’s quick to make.
2 tilapia fillets
2 cloves garlic finely diced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3-4 tbsp guava preserves
Kosher sea salt
- Let tilapia come to room temp then heat skillet on medium high and melt butter.
- Add garlic and preserves stirring for about 2 minutes to warm it up.
- Gently lay fillets in top down, carefully move them around for a few seconds to get them coated then flip.
- Cook for about 5 minutes depending on the thickness then flip for another 5 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy!
- Any firm white fish will work.
- You can substitute guava preserves, others that work well include mango, papaya and fig.