Corn TortillasCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
So simple and so tasty!
1 part masa
1 part water
Pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients and knead into a ball, let sit for 5 minutes covered in plastic wrap.
- Divide the dough into gold ball size pieces and roll into a ball.
- If you have a tortilla maker, line both sides with parchment paper, press each ball and lay on another sheet of parchment. If you don’t have a press, use a rolling pin or a flat bottom pan to shape.
- In a hot and dry skillet, or a griddle, place each one on and let cook, about 30-45 seconds per side. Remove and keep warm.
- Fill the tortillas with absolutely anything and enjoy!
- Some of the favorite proteins at this house are black beans, shrimp, blackened fish, shredded chicken and lobster.
- As for toppings, offer an assortment and make it a “make your own taco” night. Frequented here would include arugula, shredded cabbage, onion, tomato, crema (substitute plain yogurt or sour cream), cilantro and most definitely, limes.