Seafood Salad StackCourse: Dinner, SeafoodDifficulty: Medium
2-3 lobster tails (3-4 oz)
4-5 large shrimp
1/2 cup crab meat
2 ripe mangos
1 – 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
4 tbsp nori flakes (optional)
1/4 cup chopped sweet basil
1 diced shallot
Juice of 2 lemons
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp honey
2 cups of cooked rice at room temperature
- Bake lobster tail for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Remove from shell and cut the lobster into small pieces and set aside.
- Peel, slice and remove the seeds from the mangos and cut into small cubes.
- Put the mangos, lobster, crab, shrimp and shallots in a bowl. Add in the cream, honey, lemon juice, and chopped sweet basil. Mix well, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain the salad mixture while preparing the stack.
- Begin by laying a bed of rice on the plate followed by arugula. Next, add another thin layer of rice and top with nori flakes. Follow with one more thin layer of rice and finally top with the seafood salad. As an added bonus, top with a bit of smoked salmon.